398 Pennsylvania Avenue
Behind the strikingly modern cubist architectural facade are warm and inviting living and entertaining spaces blending seamlessly from indoors to outdoors. Combined with a refined contemporary sensibility, an extremely high level of finishes and stunning views, this is truly one of Potrero's Hill's most stunning residences...
The close proximity to the popular shopping and restaurants along 18th Street, the incredible resources of the nearby Design Center, as well as the famously sunny weather and easy freeway access to Downtown San Francisco, Silicon Valley and SF International Airport make this home ideal for enjoying a sophisticated urban lifestyle in one of the City's most popular residential neighborhoods...
Property is currently rented through November 30th, 2020 at $12,250 per month. The tenants has a one-year option to extend at $12,500 per month.
2019 Yearly Income/ Expense:
Income: $147,000 / year
Operating Expenses: $18,249.54
Property Taxes at $3,500,000: ~$41,300
Net income: ~$80,850.46
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 full baths, 2 powder rooms
- Open great room kitchen/ living/ dining space
- Full home automation: all Lutron motorized shades, lighting control system, distributed audio & video, climate control, keyless entry, security monitoring, and all easily accessible on touch pads in the house or via apps on smart phone
- 1,000 bottle climate controlled wine room
- Alno European cabinetry for kitchen, master bedroom cabinets & movie room bar cabinets
- Studio Becker master closet
- Elevator access to all living levels
- Glass and steel railings throughout
- 2 terraces plus large patio
- Air conditioning and heating throughout house
- 2 car side by side garage, plus 2 car on-street parking
- Originally built in 1979, the property was extensively renovated in 2008-2009 with a down-to-the-studs remodel including steel moment frames, full house fire sprinklers and 4th floor master suite addition
- Fully detached condominium residence consisting of two homes on one lot- great single family home alternative! The two physically separate units do not share any expenses, maintenance, nor common areas, and have separate utilities and insurance.
- Square footage: 3,585 as per Building Plans, 3,410 as per City Tax records
Features of this spectacular residence include:
Main Living (3rd) Level:
- A fabulous split-level open space seamlessly connects the kitchen, dining and living areas into a spectacular great room, fabulous for both entertaining and every day casual living. The stunning views of the Bay Bridge, Skyline, East Bay Hills and the Bay framed by large Bonelli (used throughout the house) picture windows, extra high ceilings, as well as the step-out terrace add to the architectural elegance of the space and indoor-outdoor living. This dramatically open space is stunningly highlighted by an undulating, Crashing Wave Chandelier (Swarovski crystals & liquid LED lights) designed by Waterpressure Lighting of Brooklyn
- Open gourmet kitchen features all Miele appliances: 5 burner stainless steel gas range, full oven, microwave/convection oven, steam oven, warming drawer, plumbed coffee/espresso machine, custom paneled 36' refrigerator/freezer, and dishwasher. Marvel appliances include a wine refrigerator (separate from downstairs wine cellar) and two custom paneled pull out fridge drawers under island. Cabinetry is high gloss white Alno European contrasting with espresso Caesar Stone counters and backsplash, as well as a long island with bar with seating for 6.
- A chic powder room with solid marble pedestal sink and lovely outlooks over lush greenery and the surrounding historic architecture completes this level
- Large Crestron control screen for full home automation
Master Suite (4th) Level:
The ultra-luxurious and romantic master suite occupies the entire top floor- with a large terrace and stunning views of the Bay Bridge, the sparkling lights of the City Skyline and East Bay Hills as well as a vast expanse of the Bay, this is the ultimate retreat. Views span from the South Bay to the top of Golden Gate Bridge.
- African Wenge flooring, tiled master bath
- Eco-friendly fireplace with Zebra wood and black obsidian glass surround, walls of glass and double doors opening to the terrace.
- Large dressing room / walk-in closet features gallery-style lighting, as well as exquisite custom Studio Becker Timeless Collection built-ins made of solid maple wood with cherry wood inlay and leather accents. Includes pant press and locked jewelry drawer.
- Spa-like master bath with Burg double sinks and vanities with interior electrical outlets, heated floors, heated towel warmer and a large steam shower with natural stone floor and picture postcard views of the City, Bay and Bridge. Stairs off the side terrace lead to the roof.
- Small Crestron control screen for full home automation
Bedroom (2nd) Level:
- Three bedrooms, two baths (one with double sinks and separate shower and tub) create a wonderful children/ family / guest level
- Double vanity bathroom with in mirror Seura HD TV
- A large laundry room with sink, Miele washer and dryer, work area, storage and TV completes this level
- Steps off the hallway lead to the large backyard patio
- All automated shades
- Heated floors in full bathrooms
- Small Crestron control screen
Street (1st) Level:
- A large media room with 120' automated screen, theater style seating, surround sound, wide-screen aspect ratio HD projector, and wet bar with dishwasher is perfect for movie night
- ~1,000 bottle temperature-controlled wine cellar with gallery-style lighting and engineered walnut flooring
- Powder room with solid marble pedestal sink and urinal
- Glass door leads to the enclosed and sunny patio- perfect for outdoor barbecue and entertaining during movie nights! Natural gas is plumbed to BBQ so no tank refilling
- Brazilian Cherry wood stairs lead to the upper levels
- The 2 car side by side garage has 2 car street parking in front.
- All automated shades
- Small Crestron control screen